Ahhhh finals that amazing time of the year where my stress level is so high it feels like I am about to have a panic attack every thirty seconds. This isn’t just any regular end of the semester for me, these are my last finals as an undergrad student. Basically if I don’t pass these finals I am screwed. Obviously everyone tries to reassure me. They say that everything is going to be fine and that’s sweet and all but they are not the ones going through it. I have twenty different assignments due on the same day and on top of that I have to study for exams. Exams that are scheduled on the same day! How twisted are these professors?!
This week is so much unnecessary stress. These professors wait to give out guides at the last minute not to mention assign homework….let me just throw myself out of a window while were at it, it might hurt less. If you’re like me you will start to think about everything that could go wrong, about backup plans like running away to Aruba and opening a surf shop. You think of everything that still has to be done and studied for and that is how stress increases. But the main thing for me is that I want this for myself and for my family. We waited so long for this, it cannot blow up in my face. I hate the feeling of disappointment.
If finals weren’t bad enough they make you wait like five extra days for official grades to be posted. But I figured I would share some tips with you guys if you are stressed about finals. Tips that have helped me a lot in the past.
1) Take a break or two. If you feel like your head is going to explode turn on something funny on TV and just take a minute to breathe. I always watch ‘Friends,” that show always has me laughing.
2) Eat some chocolate, this might just be my thing honestly but chocolate always puts me in a better mood.
3) Listen to music, in my opinion music fixes everything (for a short period of time).
4) BE POSITIVE, I’m going to tell you guys something a little embarrassing but what’s been helping me a lot is listening to subliminal videos. Its a video with positive affirmations playing in the background mine is to manifest passing my finals. It may sound silly but the sounds in the video calm me down and I become more positive instead of negative and overthinking every detail. I am the queen of overthinking which is a terrible habit.
5) Working out!!! This helps me a lot, running while listening to music always helps me to relax.
6) Reassure yourself, I try to tell myself that I am not the only one going through this. That we are all in this together.
Unfortunately I do not have the calm and peaceful attitude that most people have. I don’t just think positively all the time and wake up like Cinderella with birds singing and everything being peachy. I am a very stressed out person at school. Anyways enough about that. I am gonna go re read my study guide!
Ill be posting probably on Thursday once my finals are over because I do need to focus but wish me luck guys! I’m going to need it.